Watch the opening ceremony of 2018 FIFA World Cup online live stream on PC, smartphone or any other device. Info about telecast channels, date, start time, venue, performers, and everything you need to know are available here. Russia is all set to rock the whole World for one month. The host nation will organize a huge opening ceremony in capital city Moscow that will give a green signal to the launch of the biggest event. Russia is ready, the players are ready, and the whole World is ready.
How can I watch it live online?
The opening ceremony is a great opportunity for the host nation to show their culture and traditions. Thousands of performers including celebrities are expected to dance throughout the opening ceremony. In order to watch live streaming of the opening ceremony, kindly visit any of the links provided below.
If you are from the United States, you can watch it on Fox Sports, the official broadcast partner of FIFA World Cup 2018. Users can access fuboTV account free for first seven days as it offers you 7-days free trial. To continue watching World Cup matches, you can upgrade your account at an affordable price.
Opening ceremony live telecast channels
TV channels having the telecast rights of the Football World Cup 2018 will provide the live telecast to their particular viewers. In Russia, Channel One, Russia 1, Sportbox.ru, and Belarus 5 will provide the live telecast of the opening ceremony to Russian homes. People of the United States can watch it on Fox Sports Go, Telemundo, Telemundo Deportes En Vivo, Futbol de Primera Radio. Have a look at the list of other broadcast providers:
- Afghanistan: Ariana TV
- Algeria: beIN Sports Connect, beIN Max 1/2
- Argentina: Canal 7 TV Publica, Canal de las Estrellas, DirecTV Sports Argentina, Directv Play Deportes
- Australia: SBS, Optus Sport, SBS Live
- Belgium: ARD Das Erste, La Une, Een, RTBF Auvio Direct
- Brazil: SporTV, Globo, Fox Sports 1, Fox Play Brasil
- Canada: TSN 4/5/Go, RDS, CTV, RDS Go
- Chile: TVN, DirecTV Sports Chile, DirecTV Play Deportes, Canal 13
- Colombia: Caracol TV, RCN Television, Deportes RCN En Vivo
- Costa Rica: Sky HD, TDN, TD7, Teletica Radio, Movistar Play
- Denmark: ARD Das Erste, TV2, SVT 1, TV2 Play Denmark
- Egypt: beIN Sports Connect, beIN Max 1/2
- Finland: SVT 1, YLE Live, YLE TV2, SVT Play
- France; beIN Sports 1/2, TF1
- Germany: Sky Go Deutschland, ARD Das Erste, SRF zwei
- Iceland: RUV, ARD Das Erste
- Malaysia: Astro Go, RTM TV2
- Mexico: Sky HD, TDN, Azteca 7, Televisa Deportes En Vivo
- Netherlands: NPO 1, Een, ARD Das Erste
- Norway: SVT 1, NRK 1, SVT Play
- Paraguay: Telefuturo, SNT Paraguay
- Poland: TVP1, Canale 5, Belarus 5
- Portugal: RTP 1, Sport TV1, Sport TV Live, RTP Play
- Saudi Arabia: beiN Sports Connect, beIN Max 1/2
- Spain: Mediaset Sport App, TeleCinco Espana
- United Kingdom: ITV 1, RTE 2, The ITV Hub, UTV, RTE Player
- United States: Fox Sports Go, Telemundo, Telemundo Deportes En Vivo
- Uruguay: TeleDoce Uruguay, Canal 10 Uruguay, DirecTV Sports Uruguay
When will the opening ceremony start?
FIFA stated that the opening ceremony will run for half an hour just before the first match of Russia vs Saudi Arabia. So according to GMT, it will start at 2:30 pm [10:30 am EST, 3:0 pm BST] on 14 June 2018.
Watch these matches on next day
Where will it be organized?
Luzhniki Stadium, the biggest stadium of Russia will host the opening ceremony of FIFA World cup. It is located in Moscow, the capital of Russia and the home ground of Russian Football team. The stadium is a part of the Luzhniki Olympic Complex. Its name is derived from the flood meadows in the bend of Moskva River where the stadium was built.
Normally it has a seating capacity of 60,000, but for FIFA World Cup matches, its capacity extended to 81,000 spectators. On 13 October 1963, the stadium recorded a record of 102,538 spectators during a match between the Soviet Union and Italy. Luzhniki stadium was opening on 31st July 1956.
Who will perform in the opening ceremony?
Will Smith, Nicky Jam will perform during the ceremony on theme song Live it Up. Pianist Denis Matsuev, opera singer Placido Domingo, and other stars are likely to perform. The performers are
- Pianist: Denis Matsuev
- Opera singer: Placido Domingo
- Opera stars: Anna Netrebko, Yusif Eivazov, Ildar Abdrazakov, Aida Garifullina, and Albina
- Orchestra director: Valery Gergiyev
Robbie Williams will also perform, just ahead of the first game between Russia and Saudi Arabia. He said he was “happy and excited” and that the performance was the fulfilment of a boyhood dream, promising an “unforgettable show”.